Jobs at Pod
Current Job vacancies at Pod
Technical Account Manager
Location: Hong Kong
Pod Group Asia Pacific is a newly created branch office of Pod Group, a global provider of billing and management platforms as well as a worldwide IoT connectivity headquartered in Cambridge, UK. In addition to the Hong Kong office, we also support customers from our offices in the UK, the USA (San Francisco), Europe, and Mexico.
Based in Soho, Central Hong Kong, we are starting to grow our team and are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual for the role of Technical Account Manager. This person will join our global operations team led by the Director of Operations in Europe. Initially, this role will report directly to the head of the Asia Pacific office.
In Pod Group, we pride ourselves on creating a flexible and supportive working environment with an emphasis on encouraging the growth of the individual through shared responsibility. While the role will primarily be Asia Pacific focused, in Pod Group you have plenty of opportunities to collaborate with international colleagues and work on diverse and interesting projects.
The Technical Account Manager will be available Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 17.30 HKT. This role will mostly be office based but some (mainly regional) travel will be expected to support the head of the office. International travel to other offices will be infrequent but expected for training purposes or for the company-wide annual meeting held in December in Spain.
The role will include providing outstanding Tier 2 technical support for customers while playing an active part in the design of solutions in close coordination with the Business Development, Solutions, and Platform Development teams. We are looking for an individual who wishes to collaborate in the current and future success of the company through the improvement of systems and customer experience.
This role would be ideal for somebody looking to expand their experience within technical support by taking a more active and creative role within the Operations team.
- University diploma holder in telecoms, information technology, computer-related technical disciplines or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years experience in telecoms operations or technical support.
- Experience of TCP/IP and network troubleshooting as well as VPN configuration and operations.
- Knowledge of GPRS, UDP, TCP, DNS protocols. Experience with Wireshark and Netflow is advantageous.
- Knowledge of networking equipment such as routers and switches as well as telecoms equipment such as the HLR, GGSN, and SGSN.
- A high-level of initiative and willingness to keep up to date with current internet technologies and industry trends.
- A high-level of communication skills and an advanced command of English (for communication between team members and international customers) and Chinese. Fluency in Putonghua is essential for this role.
- Shift duty is required (one weekend shift every 3 months).
- High-level of analytical and critical thought.
- 18,000 HKD – 25,000 HKD a month (based on experience).
- Working in a successful, international, and dynamic company.
- Full training and career support provided.
- Generous annual leave policy and a flexible working environment.
- Continuous contract subject to 3 month trial period with regular review.
Position available immediately
Senior Node.js Developer
Location: Seville, Spain
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about solving complex software problems on a large scale? Do you value agile methodologies? Do you want to build systems and services using the latest technologies? In other words, do you want to unleash your potential without being micromanaged?
In Pod Group, our WEIRD attributes (Wisdom, Emotional intelligence, Initiative, Responsibility and Development) put responsibility in the hands of employee. We believe thata transparent environment where employees can make their own decisions (about their work, finances, salaries, and their company), is the key to feel happy at work. Motivation and results are the natural outcome.
What do we do? We have applications and platforms to service more than 300 clients through a web interface and API. Currently, our database weighs 500GB, supports a concurrency of 1000 requests per minute (200ms of response) and consists of a cluster. We use Node.js + MongoDB technologies in the backend and Angular in the frontend. Our entire infrastructure is hosted by cloud providers (VPS and bare-metal), AWS and Azure with Linux servers (Ubuntu Server / Debian).
- Studies: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is preferable.
- Using frameworks like Express or Restify for Node.js.
- Development of web applications using MongoDB as database.
- Experience in developing APIs REST.
- Knowledge of Mocha, Chai and Jasmine.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Knowledge of Angular is a plus.
- Development of web applications using Redis as database is a plus.
- Willingness to learn, including new functional languages such as F#.
Salary: 28.000€ – 36.000€ p/a
- Health insurance.
- remote-working option.