Podsystem LTD Agreement of Pre-Pay Terms & Conditions of Sale
Acceptance of Terms & Conditions and Order
- These Terms & Conditions are only applicable to customers where the product description has specified it is a Pre-Pay (hereinafter referred to as PRE-PAY) Product. If you are NOT using a PRE-PAY PRODUCT, then these PRE-PAY Terms & Conditions are NOT APPLICABLE and Podsystem Ltd’s general Terms & Conditions, available at www.podgroup.com, are applicable.
- By paying for SIM cards, data, Top-Ups, SMS, CSD and/or voice services (or other mobile network services) or billing services (collectively or singularly referred to as Product) to Podsystem Ltd, the Customer acknowledges that he has been informed of and agrees to these Terms & Conditions for Pre-Pay (PRE-PAY) products and any other verbal, written or implied pre-contractual relations will be superseded by these Terms & Conditions.
- Only on delivery of products by Podsystem Ltd, Podsystem Ltd agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Podsystem Ltd reserves the right, at its sole discretion, not to supply any Customer order.
- The Customer explicitly acknowledges that his Purchase Conditions will not apply and that these Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Podsystem Ltd and the Customer. Furthermore, the Customer acknowledges that in entering into this agreement it has not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in this agreement.
- Unless agreed otherwise, the Customer will bear all costs of shipping products to the Customer, including re-deliveries.
- Podsystem Ltd shall bear no liability, consequential or otherwise for delay in delivering any Product supplied to the Customer.
Prices, Payments & Usage
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing the prices and Contract Lengths for the Products will be as advertised at www.podgroup.com. Unless indicated otherwise, prices are exclusive of VAT and other applicable taxes.
- Payments by the Customer will be either; made in advance of delivery and usage of the SIM card, or – if agreed by Podsystem – by the end of the month in which the SIMs are used so long as Podsystem is holding a deposit to cover one month’s usage for all the Customer’s SIMs. If invoices are not paid prior to the beginning of the next month, then Podsystem will use the deposit held to cover the invoices, and no SIMs will be activated until the deposit is replenished.
- Usage will be limited to an agreed level which will be dependent upon where the usage has taken place. Usage within a more expensive zone (e.g. Zone 3 as per the coverage table at www.podgroup.com will result in a lower usage allowance than that in a less expensive zone (e.g. Europe). Once this level is reached, regardless as to whether the SIM card was used intentionally, unintentionally, mistakenly or by another user, no further usage can be undertaken without further payment.
- SIMs on PRE-PAY Products will stay active for an agreed period of time from the date of activation. If no Top-Up or purchase of another bundle of usage (i.e. further payment for usage) has been made within this period of time, unless agreed otherwise, the SIM will be deactivated and the unused data will not be refunded or carried over even if the SIM is reactivated at a later date.
- No credits or refunds will be given for either an initial purchase of the SIM card (whether including or not including data usage) or for subsequent Top-Ups or additional bundles of usage.
- At its own discretion, Podsystem Ltd reserves the right to refuse any payments and not provide SIM cards or Top-Ups or additional bundles of usage.
- In the event of a significant increase in charges or minimum charges by a supplier or mobile network on Products provided by Podsystem Ltd, Podsystem Ltd reserves the right, with 30 days’ notice, to change its prices for services for that Product. In this eventuality the Customer has a right of termination as set out in clause 30.
Warranty & Liability
- In no event shall Podsystem Ltd be liable to Customer for any kind of indirect damage, such as but not limited to any injury, damage, loss of use, loss of profit or claims of any third party based upon a claim for breach of warranty or claim of liability.
- Podsystem Ltd’s liability under these Terms & Conditions or in connection with its performance is expressly limited to the express provisions in these Terms & Conditions and the maximum sum of any and all claims will be the limited to the cost of Products supplied to the Customer in the preceding year or £10,000 whichever is the lower. Podsystem Ltd makes no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements regarding any merchandise, information, products or services provided in connection with these Terms & Conditions. Except for gross negligence and intent, Podsystem Ltd shall not be liable to the Customer and/or its customers and users for any direct or indirect loss or damage (including economic losses or any loss or profit) arising out of or in connection with the performance of its obligations under this agreement. Under no circumstances shall Podsystem Ltd be liable for any indirect or consequential losses.
- Podsystem Ltd does not guarantee the fault free working of the services and especially the fault free working of mobile networks. Podsystem Ltd is not liable for any service or proof of service of Customer, which is carried over Podsystem Ltd’s or any other mobile network. Podsystem Ltd is also not liable for operators ceasing or terminating mobile or other services. Under no circumstances shall Podsystem Ltd be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, including but not limited to damages that result from the Users’ use of or inability to access any part of the Product or the Product’s functionality, or User’s reliance on or use of information and services provided on or through the Product or damages that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, loss, theft, or deletion of files, packet data or other information, errors, viruses, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance.
- Except as expressly stated elsewhere in the Agreement, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms, whether express or implied (by common law, statute, collaterally or otherwise) are hereby excluded. Furthermore, Podsystem Ltd make no warranty as to any fitfulness for any particular purpose.
- The Customer shall indemnify Podsystem Ltd and hold Podsystem Ltd harmless from and against all losses, damages, expenses (including, without limitation, legal expenses), costs and liabilities for personal injury, loss of life or personal property damage arising out of or in connection with (a) any breach of these Terms and Conditions by Customer; (b) the Customer’s negligent act or omission (c) any claims, demands, actions or proceedings made by any person or entity (including, without limitation, any Regulator) arising out of or in connection with the provision or use of the Product by the Customer (unless the same arises as a result of any breach of these Terms & Conditions by Podsystem Ltd or Podsystem Ltd’s negligent act or omission).
- The provisions of Clauses 14,15,16,17 and 18 shall survive the termination or expiry of these Terms & Conditions.
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring that any hardware equipment, or software application running on that equipment, that uses a Product provided by Podsystem Ltd complies with any and all requirements of all GSM networks and will not cause any damage or interruption to any mobile phone network. The customer accepts all liabilities for damage or interruption to any mobile phone network caused as a direct result of the hardware equipment or software application running on that equipment. If the Customer is unsure whether the equipment or software being used may cause any damage to a mobile phone network, the customer may request Podsystem Ltd to gain approval prior to use. Whether approval is sought is at the sole discretion of Podsystem Ltd.
- The Customer shall ensure that neither the Customer Content nor the Customer Data or its supply to or use by any End-user pursuant to these Terms & Conditions shall infringe the rights of any third parties or any laws or Regulations (including, without limitation, the Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), the Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (2002/58/EC), the Electronic Commerce Directive (00/31/EC) and the Distance Selling Directive (97/7/EC), and any national implementations thereof, in any country where any message is originated, delivered or in respect of which any of service provided by the Product are performed.
- The Customer agrees to comply with reasonable instructions as Podsystem Ltd may from time to time notify to the Customer in regards to using the Product. However, even without such instructions, the Customer will not breach any laws, standards or codes, including but not limited to SIM Boxing, or infringe a third party’s rights, or breach any content requirements or codes stipulated by any relevant authority. Furthermore, the Customer shall refrain, and prevent others, from using the Product for any purpose other than that intended by the relevant telecommunications operator, in any way whatsoever, including ‘’annoyance’’, “spamming’’ or any other form of harassment, creating, or having third parties create, connections with buy lines (090x numbers) on a large scale or committing criminal offences or use the Product in a way which interferes with other users or harasses or restricts any other user from using or enjoying the Hosting MNO Network or the internet. Customer shall be liable for any damage, costs or usage (at standard overuse rates or rates charged by the network to Podsystem – whichever is the higher), arising as a result of unlawful or fraudulent use of the Product, regardless as to whether the Customer was aware of such use or not. Fraudulent use includes, but is not limited to, using the SIM in a way that was not agreed with Podsystem, including via satellite modem, WAP, voice, SMS, USSD and use of an APN which was not provided by and agreed with Podsystem. Fraudulent use can only be prevented by canceling the SIM off the network. Once a SIM is registered on the network (SIMs are registered on the network prior to delivery to customer) there may be some services that are impossible to block. Therefore, whilst Podsystem will endeavour to ensure that all services are blocked when requested, use of any services apart from those agreed with Podsystem will be deemed to be fraudulent use.
- The Hosting MNO, as a supplier of Podsystem, has an independent right to claim for damages suffered as a result of the Customer’s failure to comply with clause 22. Therefore the Hosting MNO is allowed to directly claim for damages from the Customer.
- Any SIM card we supply to you remains the property of Podsystem but it is your responsibility to keep it safe. We reserve the right to recall any SIM card from you at any time to enhance or maintain the quality of the Services.
- To the extent that Podsystem makes the Customer aware or the Customer becomes aware of any company that provides Products to Podsystem then the Customer hereby agrees not to make contact with such company (for example a national mobile network) without Podsystem’s consent and accordingly there will be a non-circumvention obligation in that regard. It is understood and agreed by the Customer that money damages would not be a sufficient remedy for any breach of this clause and that the Podsystem shall be entitled to specific performance and injunctive or other equitable relief as a remedy for any such breach and the Customer further agrees to waive any requirement for the security or posting of any bond in connection with such remedy. Such remedy shall not be deemed to be the exclusive remedy for the breach of this clause but shall be in addition to all other remedies available at law or equity to the Podsystem. The Customer will also ensure that its customers or users will abide with this clause.
- International Security. Customer represents, warrants and covenants that Customer: (a) is compliant in all respects relevant to this Agreement with all applicable sanction or embargo laws and regulations in effect from time to time, including trade and economic sanctions maintained by the United States Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), and any other enabling legislation or government order relating thereto (collectively “Sanction Laws”); (b) is not listed on, or owned or controlled by an entity or person on, the U.S. Department of Treasury list of Specially Designated Nationals or any similar list in place in any jurisdiction where Customer is conducting business; (c) is not located in or organized under the laws of a country subject to U.S. or E.U. trade embargo (collectively, “Restricted Persons”); (d) will take all such steps as prudent to ensure that it will not provide Product to Restricted Persons; and (e) will not use the Product, or allow them to be used, for any purposes prohibited by applicable Sanction Laws, including nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation, or development of missile technology. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, Podsystem Ltd reserves the right to terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to the Customer if Podsystem Ltd reasonably determines that Customer is not in compliance with this Paragraph 26 or that its actions are causing Podsystem Ltd to be exposed to prosecution or liability for violation of Sanction Laws.
- In order to preserve the integrity of the network, Podsystem reserves the right to request the Customer to change the firmware of their device so that it does not stop and start authentication requests and/or data session requests (including retries) more than on average 30 times per hour over any consecutive 12 hour period. If requested, the firmware change needs to be completed within 5 working days otherwise Podsystem has the right to immediately without notice cease the use of that SIM card and Podsystem will not be responsible for any consequential or other costs as a result of the SIM’s cessation.
- Either party’s performance of any part of these Terms & Conditions, other than payment obligations, shall be excused to the extent that it is hindered, delayed or otherwise made impractical by:
- the acts or omissions of the other party or any Network Operator;
- flood, fire, earthquake, strike or riot;
- or any other cause (whether similar or dissimilar to those listed) beyond the reasonable control of that party (collectively referred to as “Force Majeure” below).
If a default due to an Event of Force Majeure shall continue for more than three months then either party may terminate its contract with the other without any liability to the other.
Service Suspension & Termination
- Podsystem Ltd may at any time immediately suspend all or part of the Product it provides until further notice without incurring any liability:
- if it is obliged to comply with an order, instruction or request of Government, or emergency services organization, or other competent administrative authority; or
- it needs to carry out work related to exceptional upgrading or maintenance of its facilities where those facilities must cease operation; or
- in order to prevent damage or degradation of Podsystem Ltd’s contracting party’s network integrity which may be caused by whichever reason; or
- for behaviour that in Podsystem Ltd’s reasonable discretion may be deemed to be illegal; or
- in order to protect Podsystem Ltd, at its sole discretion, from legal liability which relates to a breach of obligation and/or warranties by Customer; or
- if any SIMs have undertaken a level of usage either in the amount and number of transmissions or costs, that exceeds the expected level of use; or
- in case of notifications or signs of fraud or abuse of service; or
- the services of one or more of the Network Operators upon which the provision of the Product hereunder is dependent suspends its provision of those services to Podsystem Ltd under the terms of its or their relevant agreement(s) with Podsystem Ltd; or
- if payments have not been made in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- Agreement of these Terms & Conditions may be terminated prior to expiration of the Term by notice in writing as follows:
- by either party in the event the other has failed to perform any material obligation required to be performed under these Terms & Conditions and such failure is not corrected with thirty (30) days from receipt of written notice advising of such failure from the other party.
- by the Customer after a period of 30 days in the event of a significant change in price as described in clause 13.
- by Podsystem Ltd by immediate notice in the event that one or more of the Network Operators upon which the provision of Services hereunder is dependent terminates its provision of those services to Podsystem Ltd under the terms of its or their relevant agreement(s) with Podsystem Ltd.
- by Podsystem Ltd by immediate notice in the event that the Customer is in material breach of its obligations under Clause 20, 21, 22, 25, 26 or 27 above.
- by either party in the event that the other party (being a company) enters into liquidation (other than for the purposes of a bona fide reconstruction or amalgamation), enters into a voluntary arrangement with its creditors, has a receiver, administrative receiver or administrator of all or any of its undertakings or assets appointed, or is deemed by the relevant statutory provisions under the applicable law to be unable to pay its debts or (if an individual) presents or has presented against him a bankruptcy petition or (if a non UK national or corporation) shall suffer anything analogous to these matters to occur to him or it.
- The Customer agrees to:
- the disclosure to any telecommunications company, debt collection agency, credit reference agency, credit or fraud monitoring scheme, security agency or credit provider of any information relating to the Customer’s performance in meeting its obligations under these Terms & Conditions
- any disclosure as may be permitted by Podsystem Ltd’s Data Protection Act Registration and Data Protection Act 1998.
- any disclosure required as a result of an order of any court of competent jurisdiction or by statutory authority.
Waiver & Severability
- No waiver by either party of any breach of these Terms & Conditions by the other party shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Terms & Conditions and the remainder of the provision in questions shall not be affected thereby.
Governing Law & Term
- This Agreement shall continue in force until the earlier of
- the termination of this agreement as set out in clause 30 or
- the SIM is no longer active.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of England and Wales.